Compare Illinois auto insurance quotes from different insurance companies quickly and easily by completing a simple form. OnlineAutoInsurance.com helps IL residents find the cheapest rates for their particular needs. Whether looking for cheaper rates or to buy car insurance for the first time, complete the following form and instantly get your rate comparison from multiple quality companies.Get quotes with no personal information. They're also 100% free and without any obligation to buy!
|Illinois Auto Insurance Law|
|The state of Illinois requires motorists to carry at least the following minimum coverage:|
|$20,000 — Bodily injury liability per person|
|$40,000 — Bodily injury liability per accident if involving multiple persons|
|$15,000 — Property damage liability per accident|
|Uninsured Motorist |
|$20,000 — Bodily injury coverage per person|
|$40,000 — Bodily injury coverage per accident|
Although the above coverage is what is required by IL car insurance laws require, motorists should consider the many other types of coverage that are available and affordable. The above coverage is only designed to pay for others' damages as a result of an accident in which the policyholder is found to be at fault or in case he or she were to get hit by someone who does not have an active auto insurance policy.
For example, if a driver had the minimum required coverage and were to hit someone cause damages to his or her own vehicle, the coverage would not cover repairs for the insured automobile's damages. For that, a policyholder would need comprehensive and collision coverage.
There are many types of useful yet inexpensive add-ons out there so when getting rate quotes, feel free to get the rates for all types of coverage. Remember that OnlineAutoInsurance.com lets users get as many free quotes as they'd like without obligations to purchase a policy.
When shopping for Illinois auto insurance online, there are a few tips OnlineAutoInsurance.com can provide:
- Compare rates — Just as most states' official websites suggest, comparing rates is an excellent way to avoid overpaying to insure cars. Rates can vary widely within companies, even for the exact same coverage. Take advantage of the Internet by comparing auto insurance quotes online instantly and easily.
- Take advantage of discounts — Most carriers will offer discounted rates if drivers are eligible. There are tons of discounts available, which consumers shouldn't pass by. Many available discounts include:
- Good driver — Having no or few accidents and/or violations
- Good student — Maintaining a "B" grade point average or higher
- Multi-car — Insuring multiple vehicles on the same policy
- Low use — Using one or a few of vehicles only occasionally or not at all
- Shop around — If current rates feel too high, check out the competition. But ask the current carrier if there are any cancellation fees before deciding to switch, although some companies have no fees at all.
- Mix and match — Experiment by quoting different types of protection. Most consumers will just quote one or two types of coverage because they don't want to hassle their agent. Finding cheap IL car insurance rates online can be a bit easier because there's is no need have to speak to anyone.
- Check rates before buying an additional vehicle — Get quotes on insurance for any new vehicles before making a purchase. Don't get stuck having to insure a vehicle with full coverage that's impossible to afford. Once again, rates are free, so obtain and compare them as often as needed.
State websites also provide useful information for consumers. For further assistance, consumers can take a look at "Shopping for Illinois Auto Insurance" for additional tips and information. OnlineAutoInsurance.com also helps make the shopping experience as effective as possible by providing access to its learning center.